Johnny’s Videos

Search Johnny's Blog

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Bezantine Church


This time, during my adventourous weekend, we visited the Bezantine Church in Jieh, where you can find the mosaic of the story about Jonas. This historical ruin dating from 800 years ago, is now wrecked. But instead of taking care of the church, the Lebanese authorites kept on blaming the responsibilities on others. If this ruin was in any other country, it would be clean, and full of tourists. But the ruin was nice. Before all of this, we were in a beach called Jonas, named after the prophet Jonas. For crabs, Saturday is always like a holiday. They were spread all around the beach. The waves were huge, throwing me off my boogie board.

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting, what a shame to let this church waste away. I know Jieh is famous for beaches but didn't know there are ruins there. Can you tell me where in Jieh you saw this??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi johnny! I love your blog soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much I check it on a daily basis. It is so nice that your sharing your adventures with us , Im very interested.
    PS If you need any pictures of the sea turtle you saw tell me because I have a lot
    Keep on blogging!
    Luv Ghida

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hii Johnny :))
    Your blog is so nice and i love your pictures!
    I can't wait for you to come to Sweden!

    I miss u!! <33
    See Yah ;))

    Miniiz XXX

    ReplyDelete