Johnny’s Videos

Search Johnny's Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Fox

Do you really think that there are foxes in Lebanon?? Well, yes there are. There are even foxes in the middle of Beirut. My Mom got a call from our tennis coach saying that they had caught a fox. This is right here off of Bliss Street!! Can you imagine a fox living in the middle of this noisy city. It's a miracle!! But, instead of admiring this poor fox, the tennis people threw rocks at it and then tied it to a tree.... What a terrible thing to do. Sometimes people can be so cruel. My mom took the fox to the vet and he is trying to help it. This is probably the last fox that was living wild in the middle of Manara. If it survives we will release it somewhere in Lebanon where there are other foxes. I really hope the fox recovers, it's rare to see something so beautiful in Lebanon....

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing story! I hope you will write a follow-up on what happens to the fox. I hope your writings will impress on others the importance of being kind to amimals. Keep it up! Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the fox survives!! Love Auntie INA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Johnny,
    Well, I agree that it's rare to see something so beautiful in Beirut, but, up here where I live we do get to see such things; especially early in the morning. I'm lucky to have trees and green places around me so each morning there are lots of birds singing. I'm sad that the fox died but wild animals don't often survive such injuries. At least you tried to help!

    ReplyDelete