Johnny’s Videos

Search Johnny's Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

Soo Ugly... So Beautiful... Lebanon (Poem)


Walking around I see garbage,
I see old, old buildings that can't be called ruins,
I see the rich and the needy,

Up in Debbiye I see glittering, sparkling water,
I see trees and trees that symbolize nature,
I see the habitat filled with life,

A land with no rules,
A land with no use,
A land with tortured creatures,

In Beirut business is extreme,
Downtown is full of shops,
Full of riches, and luxuries
A place that you can call New York in Lebanon

Though we try, garbage is everywhere,
In the blue and blackish sea,
On the streets, everywhere.

The ruins up in Baalbeck are well known,
and famous,
The rivers, the joy of discovering,

Lebanon might not be the perfect country,
but it is perfect to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment