Johnny’s Videos

Search Johnny's Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Closest Trip to Paradise

Our trip did not start very well because we had to wake up in the middle of the night, when it was pitch black to go to the airport. So I was very tired. Then we were in the taxi going to the airport. You know that feeling of excitement and happiness to start an adventure that could really be like your own paradise. That was what I was feeling. It was really boring in the airport. Finally, it was time to board the plane. I fastened my seat belt and got ready for take off. Then as fast as you could say cucumber, the plane was in the air. So I sat there bored in the plane not knowing how my trip will continue or end. So then I heard the captain saying "It's time for landing". The next thing I knew the plain was on land. Now we were in the UAE. Okay, so we live in Lebanon and first we had to pass through the UAE to get to the Maldives.


At last, our second flight was touching down at Mahe airport in the Maldives. The sight from the plane window was magnificent. Imagine, landing on a tiny island in the middle of the Indian Ocean!! We disembarked from the plane and the intense heat and humidity slapped us across the face. Of course, I was expecting a taxi to take us to our hotel on Kurumba. then I realized that we were standing on a sliver of land surrounded by water everywhere. So, it had to be a sea boat taxi!!


As we approached our island hotel a woman came and put a flower necklaces on us all; it felt as if we were in Hawaii. They gave us coconut juice in coconut shells and drove us in a golf cart to our villa. And WOW, what a villa it was!!!! We freaked out and did the dance of happiness. It had a private swimming pool in the back, and was absolutely humongous. Now this is what I'm talking about! I felt like I was in heaven! Then I saw in the room 1 big bed for my mom and dad and 3 small beds for me and my two sisters. Then I looked out of the window , and I felt that all I was looking at was all a dream. But I was wrong. So I saw those big long chairs and all around big palm beach trees. Then I ran forwards to the salty water with my two sisters. Then I saw 3 fins sticking out from the water. Then I saw a huge school of fish. Then realized that they were swimming away from the sharks , and the fins I were talk about were really the sharks. But they were baby sharks.

The next day we decided to go snorkeling. I had asthma problems so I found it a little hard to snorkel the first time I tried it in Maldives. We snorkeling in shallow water but we still found allot. My youngest sister was pointing at something between the coral. Then we were shocked it was a Moray Eel but the good thing is that it stayed in its small hole between the coral. The coral was nice but they did not have allot that were not damaged but it was still enjoyable. The next day we went snorkeling again and we saw a huge sting-ray. Then I don't know how but I was sure that we were gonna see a sea turtle the next day. Then, I can not believe it I was right. That day that we saw a sea turtle we went in less shallow water. That day I also saw a trumpet fish. It came and it was blind coming into my chest and I freaked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the whole trip my oldest sister kept on nagging to go water skiing. So we went water skiing on the last full day. I water skied too. At the beginning I was scared to do it. But then I calmed down and did it. It was SO fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then it was getting late so we had dinner and went to bed. The next day we had breakfast. Then it was time to say bye to the island we were on , called Kurumba. Then we got in the boat to go to the air port island. So we were back on our way to Lebanon ( where we lived). I miss Kurumba allot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I suggest you travel to the Maldives like us for vacation. So thanks for reading. I hope Maldives does not drown from all of the water.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Johnny i was looking at blogs and i stumbled over ure blog!!! I also love music my name is George i wish i could make a blog like yours!!!!!!
    ps: I have been to Maldives to pretty amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY George it's johnny!!! What island did you go to? we went to kurumba

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Banyan Tree resort. Really fun with beautiful underwater life......... Happy blogging!!!
    George

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Johnny

    What a great vacation! I would like to go to The Maldives.

    Take care, Preben

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi preben, thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete